The Fender® Rumble amp can be used to record audio into DAW (digital audio workstation) software on your computer via the micro usb port located on back of the amp.
The Fender Rumble USB port is for audio output only.
Please see methods below for both Windows and Mac computers.
For Windows OS you will need to install the Fender ASIO driver.
Once you have installed this driver, you can use the DAW software of your choice, and select “Fender Rumble USB Audio” from the preferences window of your DAW as the input or record device. You can also select either the built-in or a third-party playback device of your choice for playback from the Fender_Universal_ASIO set-up screen accessible through the DAW or the icon on Windows bottom bar right corner.
To choose playback device for Windows computer:.
- With your amp connected click, Options/Preferences.
- Select ASIO as your Driver Type.
- Select Fender Universal ASIO as your Audio Device.
- Click Hardware Setup from your Audio” tab to configure Input and Output
When your ASIO Settings window opens up and you have your Rumble connected to your computer via USB, the ASIO Windows Settings (see below) will display the input (“Fender Rumble USB Audio”) and output (“Realtek HD Audio”)
In this example we select “Fender Rumble USB Audio” as input and “Realtek HD Audio” as output (see below)
When using a Mac, there are no drivers necessary
- Go to the Apple key icon in the upper left corner of the desktop on your Mac shown here.
- In the System Preferences window, select the “Sound” Preference Pane as shown below.
- In the “Sound” Preference Pane, confirm that “Fender Rumble USB Audio” is a visible input device in the Input tab. and select it as the record device in your DAW software.